Please see the information we have gathered regarding transport, which includes, ferries, air travel, local public transport, train and bus. Also information on parking in Palma.
El Tren De Soller. Tourist train which provides a service between Palma and Soller. Travellers wanting to use this service can buy tickets at he station on the same day of travel. It is not possible to purchase tickets in advance.
Bus / Coach Companies
Discount Card – for Bus, Train and Metro Services for the TIB service – Intermodal
- ticket price for bus curently €5.00 ( which is reduced to €1.00 per trip with the citizens card – You have to top the card up first – here is a link to the fares. The service is provided to the following areas …. routes
- A11 Peguera – Magaluf – Airport
- A32 Can Picafort – Platja Muro / Alcúdia – Airport
- A42 Cala Bona – Cala Millor – Airport
- A51 Cala d’Or – s’ Arenal de Llucmajor – Airport
Tarjeta Cuidanana – Citizens card to enjoy cheaper bus fares on the EMT transport system. You can obtain one of these if you are Registered ( empadromiento ) in Palma.
Empresa Municipal de Transports Urbans de Palma de Mallorca
Customer service office , C/ Josep Anselm Clavé 5. 07002 Palma de Mallorca, (+34) 971 214 444, email@example.com
Opening times: Monday to Sunday: 05:30 to 23:30
Car Hire / Airport Parking
SIXT, Europcar, Hertz, Enterprise, Dollar and OK Cars are amongst the many car hire companies here in Mallorca.
Plane / Airlines
Palma Airport – http://www.aena.es
Parking in Palma
There is plenty of underground parking in Palma, and there are blue zones, where you have to pay, and white zones, where there is free parking – if you can find a space !
- There is an online app that you can use to pay for parking which is called MobiAppParc This has been quite useful.
If you are a resident of Palma, then there is also the option of a parking permit. You have to be registered as living in Palma, and the car also needs to be registered at the same address. Then you can apply for the permit, which at the moment costs around €24 per annum.
To nene your residents permit – click here for more information.
Please see some our other pages and posts for further information.